The Swift G13BB engine has a common leak from the tappet cover near the DLI Sensor. So I decided to fix that as well.
BHPian Ashtoncastelino recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
It was well over a year since I serviced the car, and I didn’t want to face the previous episode of getting ripped off, so I decided to do the service myself at Home. Anyways I had the required tools, so it was a breeze.
The odometer was 74130kms, so technically, the car did about 8000kms since the last service. I managed to get a great deal on Mobil 1 5W40 3.5Litre Fully Synthetic Engine oil on Amazon for ₹1618. The seller sent the very recent manufactured stock as well.
The Swift G13BB engine has a common leak from the tappet cover near the DLI Sensor. So I decided to fix that as well. The following things were replaced during this service:
I unbolted the tappet cover and the DLI Sensor case, and to my surprise, there was almost NILL sludge. Dad helped in cleaning the DLI Sensor case and replaced the Case O-ring. Installed new Spark Plug O-Rings and the new Tappet Cover Gasket:
The engine oil was then drained, and the Oil filter was removed. I let the oil drain for about 15 minutes, tightened the drain nut, filled the new oil filter with engine oil, applied the brim O-Ring of the filter with engine oil, and screwed it in place. Fresh engine oil was poured in, and the engine was fired up. Made sure there were no leaks and gave the car a good wash, followed by tyre rotation:
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.