- Ferrari has recalled 23,555 vehicles for potentially leaking brake fluid, which could lead to partial or complete loss of braking ability.
- The recall affects a variety of models spanning 2005 to the present, including the multimillion-dollar F60 America and LaFerrari cars.
- The NHTSA report was filed on July 26 and includes a relatively simple remedy of replacing the brake fluid reservoir cap.
Ferrari has recalled 23,555 vehicles from the 2005 model year to 2022. Ferraris up and down the model line are affected by the recall, including multimillion-dollar limited-production cars like the F60 America and LaFerrari. The full list is included in the article. The scope of vehicles affected represents a sizable portion of Ferraris produced since 2005.
A similar recall detailing brake failure risk was issued in October 2021, and it affected certain 2010–2015 Ferrari 458s and 2016–2019 Ferrari 488s, totaling nearly 10,000 vehicles. However, those models are not included in this recall.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) filings indicate a problem with the brake fluid reservoir cap of affected vehicles, where it fails to vent properly, creating a vacuum in the reservoir which can cause brake fluid to leak. If enough fluid leaks, the car could lose partial or complete braking ability, which is dangerous for the driver.
The remedy stated in the documents involves replacing the reservoir cap with a modified version that should vent properly, as well as installing software to provide an alternate warning should brake fluid levels still reach dangerous levels. Dealers and owners will be notified on September 24.
In the meantime, owners should pay attention to any brake or brake fluid warnings, and in the event of a warning, pull over and wait for Ferrari Roadside Assistance to tow the vehicle to the nearest dealer. As always, owners can check the NHTSA recalls site to see if their car is affected.
Below is the full list of affected models from oldest to newest:
- 2005–09 Ferrari 430
- 2005–11 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
- 2009–17 Ferrari California
- 2010–11 Ferrari 612
- 2012–16 Ferrari FF
- 2013–17 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- 2013–15 Ferrari LaFerrari
- 2015–17 Ferrari California T
- 2016 Ferrari F60 America
- 2017 Ferrari F12 TDF
- 2017 Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta
- 2017–20 Ferrari GTC4 Lusso
- 2018–20 Ferrari GTC4 T
- 2018–22 Ferrari Portofino
- 2018–22 Ferrari 812
- 2019–20 Ferrari 488 Pista
- 2020–22 Ferrari F8 Spider
- 2020–22 Ferrari F8 Tributo
- 2021–22 Ferrari Roma
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io